Sunday 18 August 2013

Tag: The Liebster Award!


Today's blog post is going to be a little different - I was nominated by LouisaLoves217 for the Liebster award this week so I now get to do my own post and nominate some more new bloggers.
  In case like me you've never heard of it, the Liebster award is an award given to new and up and coming bloggers with small followings (less than about 200). It helps new bloggers connect with each other, and find each other! I'm led to believe that Liebster means Dearest/loving in German– which I can't confirm as all I can remember from my 3 years of High School German is how to say 'I am 12 years old' and 'I live with my family in a semi detached house', which wasn't even accurate.. Time well spent I reckon..!

Anyway, thanks to LouisaLoves217 for her nomination and definitely go and read & follow her wonderful blog!

The rules…
So there are 6 rules for this award and they are as follows:
  1. Link back to the wonderful person that nominated you
  2. List 11 facts about yourself (it’s optional, but makes it more interesting :) )
  3. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you for the award.
  4. Nominate 11 blogs/bloggers who themselves have 200 or less followers.
  5. Think up 11 different questions for the people you are nominating to answer.
  6. Then you need to notify your nominees so that they know and can answer and join in!
So… 11 facts about me!
  1. I am 25 and from Manchester
  2. I studied Law at university and then qualified as a law teacher in 2010
  3. My favourite number is 18 - my birthday, house number and we're getting married on the 18th July. I also hate odd numbers. No particular reason, just can't abide them!
  4. My boyfriend proposed to me on Boxing Day 2012 in the middle of a football pitch, which was a complete shock!
  5. I met my best friend the day we moved into uni almost 7 years ago, we lived in neighbouring rooms for all 3 years and we still text constantly. We have the same brain and constantly do the saw thing at the same time without realising!
  6. One of my favourite things to do is to write lists.. Sometimes I include things in a list that i've already done just so I can tick them..My desk at work is completely covered in post-it notes and I reckon I go through a packet of them every month!
  7. I really really want to travel across America  and I want to go to Hawaii, fingers crossed we can afford it for honeymoon!
  8. I'm hoping to train in make up artistry over the next few years and I'd love to have a sideline in doing wedding make up until I can afford to give up teaching!
  9. I love Clinique high impact curling mascara and it will take some kind of magical alien created mascara to sway me.
  10. I am obsessed with Caroline Hirons and my family are consequently sick of hearing about salicylic acid and the evils of muslin cloths and make-up wipes.
  11. I can't leave the house without a minimum of mascara. This is non negotiable, probably even in an emergency.
  12. I can't stop myself from buying Clinique when it's on bonus time even though I never use 90% of the contents of the free gift
Now the 11 questioned from LouisaLoves217:
1. How did you come up with your blog name?
My Fiancé :)
2. Who inspires you most?
I have no idea..is that terrible?!
 3. What are you most proud of so far in your life?
Forcing myself to finish my PGCE.  Worst 9 months of my life, but it was worth it in the end :)
4. What is your No. 1 beauty product and why?
As mentioned above, my Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara, I just love it, it doesn't flake, it makes my lashes long and it lasts for ages without drying out.
5. What product would you recommend most highly?
Paula's Choice BHA - amazing for unclogging pores and it lasts for ages!
6. What 3 famous people, dead or alive, would you invite to a dinner party and why? 
God, Caroline Hirons and Paula Begoun from Paula's Choice - I reckon between the 4 of us we could come up with a recipe for perfect skin for me ;)
 7.What film/tv character are you most like? 
8. How do you wind down?
I sit on the sofa and paint my nails whilst watching say yes to the dress on youtube.
If its been an extremely bad day then a face mask and a bath with candles.
9. What is your signature scent? Daisy by Marc Jacobs at the moment. 
10. What top tip would you give to any new bloggers?
Ha, I hardly know myself yet! I guess don't be afraid to ask for help and being friendly is good. Also don't talk in clichés, no one likes a clone :)
 11. If you had a theme song to your life, what would it be?
Mr Brightside. If the DJ at my wedding doesn't play it I will throw the biggest bridezilla strop ever seen!
Okay so now for the blogs I am nominating! We have….
 
Crazy Blonde Gal
Life's a Cup of Tea
Darryll's Beauty Blog
Introducing AK
Ash Horton
Mere Mai


My questions to you:

1) How & why did you get into blogging?
2) What do you do in the real world?
3) If you could only use one make up product for the rest of your life, which would you chose?
4) Who is your favourite you-tuber?
5) How do you choose what to blog about?
6) Where in the world would  you  most like to go shopping, and why?
7) What is your all-time favourite book?
8) What's the best advice you've ever been given?
9) What is the biggest fashion mistake you've made
10) If you won the lottery what would your first purchase be?
11) What's the worst film you've ever watched?
 
Thanks if you persevered through this exceptionally long post :)
 
Suzy x


1 comment: